Job alert - Director position
The End FGM European Network is looking for its new Director!
1. The role
End FGM EU is looking to recruit for the role of Director. This is an exciting opportunity to lead and grow a fast growing regional organisation that plays a key role in the Global End FGM movement. The Board is looking for a dynamic individual to build on its success and lead the networks experienced and passionate team into the next stage of its development and impact.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of values-driven, creative and collaborative leadership. You will have experience of influencing high-level, international and diverse stakeholders, creating impactful partnerships and of inspiring and motivating teams. You will be a strong operational manager, networker and communicator, with high integrity and credibility.
End FGM EU offers a Belgium Employment contract. Candidates must be legally entitled to live and work in Belgium. Salary will be commensurate with experience and expertise. Secondary employment benefits such as lunch vouchers, 13th month salary, hospitalisation and health insurance, and 26 days holidays apply. A probation period of six months will apply.
3. Job description
· Work with the Board to grow and sustain End FGM EUs role in leading the European movement to End FGM · Act as chief strategist and advisor to the Board on the long-term strategic planning · Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with the EU institutions and agencies, donors, politicians, and other organisations to help achieve the goals of the organisation · Oversee and advance the development and implementation of effective advocacy and campaigns programmes to achieve the objectives · Sustain and grow End FGM EUs membership base, and oversee membership structure
· Actively represent the interests of End FGM EU to the representatives of the European Commission, the members of the European Parliament, the Council and other relevant European and International bodies · Ensure effective partnerships and strategic alliances with key stakeholders both at European and global level · Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organisation and to identify changes and trends at the EU and national levels · Represent the organisation at high-level events and conferences to enhance the organisations profile · Act as a spokesperson for End FGM EU in all matters as directed by the Board, this includes media interviews.
Operational planning management and reporting
· Manage End FGM EUs programme of work · Develop annual operational plans, which incorporates goals and objectives in line with the strategic direction and vision of the organisation · Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organisations work · Draft policies for the approval of the Board and prepare procedures to implement the organisational policies; review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate · Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organisation's programmes and strategies to ensure they contribute to the organisation's mission and priorities · Oversee the preparation of reports and policy papers, research and related information in relation to advocacy activities · Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programmes of the organisation to maintain or improve quality · Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of specific projects
· Guide strategically the staff in their daily work through individual and team meetings · Determine staffing requirements for organisational management and programme delivery and takes care of recruitment · Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices including the development of job descriptions for all staff · Establish a positive, open, non-discriminatory, healthy and safe work environment · Ensure that all staff are properly inducted to the organisation and appropriate training is provided · Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of staff on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review · Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance, including through annual staff evaluation
Fundraising and financial
· Work with staff and the Board to prepare a comprehensive annual budget · Lead on fundraising and donor relations to ensure adequate resourcing of programmes · Work with the Board to secure adequate funding for the operation of the organisation · Research funding sources, oversee the development of fundraising plans and write funding proposals to adequately resource the operations of the organisation · Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board · Ensure that sound book-keeping and accounting procedures are followed · Administer the funds of the organisation according to approved budget and monitor monthly cash flow of the organisation · Oversee the preparation of financial reports to donors and ensure that they are submitted properly and timely · Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditure of the organisation · Ensure that the organisation complies with all legislation
· Identify and evaluate the risks to the organisation's people (staff, Board, volunteers), property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks · Ensure that the Board and the organisation carry appropriate and adequate insurance coverage
· Undertake other duties as required · Undertake on-going professional development and any other training and development as required to address gaps in skills or knowledge · Contribute towards developing a supportive working environment, to demonstrate a commitment to professionalism and respect, transparency and accountability and uphold quality standards as outlined in policies and procedures, and in compliance with the organisations policies.
T. 02 893 09 07