Administration and Finance Officer, 2.5 days per week
The International Disability and Development Consortium (IDDC) is a global consortium of 33 organisations supporting disability and development work in more than 100 countries around the world. IDDC and its members aim to promote inclusive development. Inclusive development means respecting the full human rights of every person, acknowledging diversity, eradicating poverty and ensuring that all people are fully included and can actively participate in development processes and activities regardless of age, gender, disability, state of health, ethnic origin or any other.
For more info, visit the IDDC website, www.iddcconsortium.net.
In order to support IDDCs Brussels-based Secretariat we are recruiting an:
Administration and Finance Officer,
2.5 days per week
As our Administration and Finance Officer you are responsible for financial, human resource and other aspects relating to the legal administration of the ivzw/aisbl and the smooth functioning of the Secretariat. The Secretariat office is based in Brussels, with occasional travel within Europe. Reporting directly to the IDDC Coordinator, your main task and responsibilities are:
· Calculation and invoice for network related activities including annual membership fees, General Assembly
· Monthly payroll, with support from social secretariat
· Handling office payments and other payments relating to IDDC activities
· Responsible for preparation of monthly bookkeeping and liaison with external accountant and auditor for the preparation of the annual accounts
· Preparation of financial information, with the Treasurer, for financial reporting to the Board and the General Assembly
· Preparation annual and forecast budgets
· Compliance (and updating) of financial procedures (including procurement).
· Ensure that HR procedures
including, health and safety provisions, working regulations are compliant with
· Preparation and submission
of documents in Dutch relating to ivzw compliance: board members, legal
representation, statute revisions etc.,
· Ensuring compliance with GDPR policies and updating policy and practice as required
· Administration of IDDC databases members list, mailing lists etc.
· Minute taking when required
· General office tasks including: maintaining archive and filing system; updating administrative guidelines; dealing with routine correspondence and general queries.
Facilitation of meetings and events
· Responsible for administrative and logistics support for meetings and events, including the IDDC General Assembly
· Preparing and taking the minutes of IDDC meetings when requested.
Other tasks as requested by the IDDC Coordinator.
Start date: as soon as possible.
· At least 3-years experience in a finance and administration role
· Experience with basic book-keeping and accountancy systems
· Skilled in use of MS Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Good Dutch and good English
· Good attention to detail in all aspects of work
· Ability to work alone and as part of a small and busy team, pro-active attitude
· Self-motivation and self-organisation; ability to prioritise
· Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
· Commitment to IDDC mission, values and principles.
· Experience of working in an international non-governmental organisation/network
· Knowledge of accessibility and inclusion
· French is an asset.
· A flexible and welcoming international working environment
· Permanent part-time (50%) contract under Belgian law/jurisdiction
· Flexible working hours and a good working-from-home policy
· Accessible, professional office located in the Mundo-J building which includes a cafeteria and secure bicycle space
· Local travel subsidy where legally allowed
· A salary of approximately €1,400 EUR gross per month (part-time employment, 19 hours per week), end of year bonus, holiday allowance, meal vouchers 8€/worked day, laptop and second screen.
How to apply
Please upload your letter of motivation and CV to https://form.jotform.com/220241588508052
Closing date for applications: 28th February, close of business.
IDDC operates an equal opportunities recruitment process. People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
T. 02 893 24 90